- Radio Broadcast Log Of:
- Bob Barclay - American
- Bob Barclay was a foreign correspondent for
the Amalgamated News. The
reality was that he was an undercover agent for the U.S. Government.
During the cold war that followed World War II, George W. Trendle
took a lot of heat not only from the U.S. Government (cases sounded a
little too close to actual operations), but also from the American press.
Hate mail arrived at the station continuously by members of the
press because their felt that the weekly broadcast of the series was
hurting the real life situation of William Oatis.
Mr. Oatis was being held at the time in Czechoslovakia on espionage
charges and was a reporter. In
an interview to Newsweek magazine, George W. Trendle stated that
the reporters were “too serious about themselves.”
But after a year of broadcasting, and under pressure from the
Department Of State, the program was discontinued.
- The scripts were copyrighted by Trendle-Campbell
Enterprises, Inc., and by The American Agent, Inc.
All scripts are in the Audio Classics Archive collection along with
recordings of the rehearsals and actual broadcasts.
- Several scripts were submitted, but never
produced. The following dates
are the submission dates for these two scripts:
- 10/27/50 The Man In The Green Suit
- 12/21/50 From N.Y.
scripts were written for the 04/11/51 broadcast.
We are not sure which made the broadcast at this time.
- Broadcast History
- Network: ABC
- Steve McCarthy, Francis
Striker, Tom Dougall, Ralph Goll
McCarthy as Bob Barclay
- AUDIENCE RATINGS:
- (First Season)
A.C. Nielsen Rating 5.8 (1950 – 1951)
- Wednesday - 8:00 p.m.
- 10/11/50 # 1 Woman Of Mystery
- 10/18/50 # 2 Honolulu Death Trap
- 11/02/50 # 3 The Papers And The Cast
- 11/08/50 # 4 Shanghai Crossing
- 11/15/50 # 5 The Double-Switch Trick
- 11/22/50 # 6 Yokohama Operation
- 11/29/50 # 7 The Black Dragon
- 12/06/50 # 8 Tiger Bait
- 12/13/50 # 9 Paris Calling
- 12/20/50 #10 The Red Danube
- 12/27/50 #11 Streets Of The Jade Mongers
- 01/03/51 #12 The Iranian Files
- 01/10/51 #13 Death Mask
- 01/17/51 #14 The Georgetown Robbery
- 01/24/51 #15 The Brussels Underground
- 01/31/51 #16 Dead Man’s Diary
- 02/07/51 #17 Destination Algiers
- 02/14/51 #18 Channel Rendezvous
- 02/21/51 #19 Treason’s Ally
- 02/28/51 #20 See Douaumont & Die
- 03/07/51 #21 La Bedouina
- 03/14/51 #22 The Surgeon And The Sword
- 03/21/51 #23 Storm In Algeria
- 03/28/51 #24 Mutiny On The Madame X
- 04/04/51 #25 Turkish Trophy
- 04/11/51 #26A Madrid Transfer
- 04/11/51 #26B Climax In Istanbul
- 04/18/51 #27 Death On The Campus
- 04/25/51 #28 The Underground Trail
- 05/02/51 #29 The House On The Hill
- 05/09/51 #30 The Man With The Camera Mind
- 05/16/51 #31 She Danced For Stalin
- 05/23/51 #32 The Siamese Twin-Plot
- 05/30/51 #33 Idol Of Death
- 06/06/51 #34 The Red Impersonation
- 06/13/51 #35 Hong Kong Film Search
- 06/20/51 #36 Packet C-1
- 06/27/51 #37 Mutiny On The Madame X
- 07/04/51 #38 The Traitor
- 07/11/51 #39 Monsoon
- 07/18/51 #40 Singapore Fling
- 07/25/51 #41 The Scourge
- 08/01/51 #42 Jungle Rendezvous
- 08/08/51 #43 Barclay, Target
- 08/15/51 #44 Night In The Jungle
- 08/22/51 #45 Shanghai Explosion
- 08/29/51 #46 Out Of The Fog
- 09/05/51 #47 Round Trip To Macao
- 09/12/51 #48 Flight Of The High Lama
- 09/19/51 #49 The Shanghai Cigarette Case
- 09/26/51 #50 Tokyo Dinner Date
- If you found this page via an internet
search engine click here to go to our home page.
- Copyright © 1988 by Terry G. G. Salomonson. All rights reserved. Printed in the United States
Of America. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored
in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, or by any means,
electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the
prior written permission of the author.
Audio Classics® LLC Archive
Copyright © 1997-2012 Terry Salomonson
Home Page: http://www.audio-classics.com
Last Updated: 04/27/15 07:37:41 PM